Planning to increase the storage capacity on your Mac? Well Mac has the support of up to four drives and this comes by as one of the easiest of tasks to do. All that you need to do this is to get the hard drive(s), a nice clean work area to begin this operation on and a couple of screw drivers.
Let’s get started on it!
- Get the machine discharged of any possible static charge building up on it. You can easily do this by shutting down the machine, remove the cables except for the power cable and discharge the static charge on your body by touching the PCI expansion slots. You may experience a slight prick but it’s alright and no harm will be done to you or the machine.
- Get the access latch lifted, it will be on the back of the Mac pro and have it the casing tilt out.
- Make sure that the access latch is lifted so that the hard drive sled that you want to use can be accessed.
- This would seem as a tough task to get along with at first but curl your fingers near the sled and slide it out, get the four bolts on it unscrewed and slide the hard drive in and screw the bolts back in.
- Slide the sled back in and put the cover back on the system and pull the access latch down and get the system up and ready.
That’s all there is to getting your hard drive installed and arranged in its place.
When you think about unlocking iPhone, there are different things which depend in unlocking iPhone. What model of iPhone you have, what version of iOS it is running, all these things are important to know when you want to unlock an iPhone. We have iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4, if you want to unlock one of them, these are the things which you should know for each of the device.
If you own iPhone 4, you can unlock it only if it is running older iOS version. IPhone 4 with iOS 4.0.2 or lower can be unlocked but for other versions, unlock method is yet to be made. If you have iPhone 3GS with any iOS version, you can unlock it anytime. You have to jailbreak it and then use UltrasnOw to unlock it. There is one thing to be noted that unlocking iPhone 3GS will cancel all the warranties of your phone. At same time, if you keep iPhone 3G with you, it can be unlocked as well regardless of what version it is running. There is no restriction of firmware or iOS version in 3G models.
The operation of the other USB ports of the hub is not being affected when the USB selective suspend feature allows the hub driver to suspend an individual USB port. Especially in portable computers the selective suspension of USB devices is useful as it helps in conserving battery power. The overall power consumption is being reduced when the device is not in use while suspending such devices.
Now you will be able to know how to turn on or off the USB selective suspend in order to automatically power down idle USB devices in Vista and Windows 7.
- First of all for the selected power plan you need to open the advanced power settings.
- If you have to turn on the USB Selective Suspend then expand USB settings and USB selective suspend setting. From the drop down menu settings you need to set it to Enabled and then click on OK button. It should be noted that these are the default settings.
- In case you have to turn off the USB selective Suspend then expand the USB Settings and USB selective suspend setting. From the drop down menu you have to select the disabled settings and after that click on OK button.
- The Edit Plan Settings window should then be closed.
As said Windows 7 has many features that are new to the user and are very useful for making work on the Windows updated OS more easy one of the utilities is the Aero Peek function, which is also known as Desktop Preview. The administrator of the system can temporarily enable or disable this option. The function of Aero Peek is temporarily making all windows on the desktop transparent if the cursor reaches to the extreme right corner of the task bar. Following are the steps and screenshot for giving an over view of how this feature can be enabled or disabled. In windows 7 this feature is enabled by default settings.
- Right click on the start menu button or right click anywhere in the free space of the task bar and click on properties.
- A new window will pop out having a Toolbar tab as shown below.
- If you are here to disable the function of Aero peeking uncheck the Box.
- Or If You want to enable it Click check the Use Aero Peek to view the desktop box.
- Click ok to finish the window and it’s all!